Saturday, July 13, 2013

I am a Servant

Elder Berthelson couldn't be at the funeral services.  He wrote this poem for Sydney and it was included on the funeral program.  

I am a Servant 
by Elder Alex Berthelson, written for Sydney

I am a servant of the Lord
I will be focused and ready when my time comes to stand as a witness of God
I will go and do the things, which my Father has commanded of me
I will testify of the truth and nothing but the truth
I will always honor and obey my priesthood at all times and in all places
I will be a loving husband and father to my family
I will serve others with all my heart, might. mind and strength
I will find success and happiness through faith in Jesus Christ
I will forever do the Lord's work
I will always remain faithful to the gospel
I am blessed and loved
I am a servant of the Lord
Amen.

1 comment:

  1. I've said it before and I'll say it again and again, you have a wonderful son. Alex is truly a special son of God. :D

    ReplyDelete