Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Gardening By Sydney Taylor Hathaway 
For my father on Father's Day 2013

My father has taught me many things 
like how to plant and grow
He's taught me what will add appeal 
and what seeds to Never sow

My father has shown me lots of tricks
on how to keep things green
He's shown me that it takes much time 
but the difference is clearly seen

My father has helped me understand 
there will always be the some weeds
He's helped me pluck them from the roots
so their chances of returning recede

My father has said there will be a time 
when gardens are barren things
But if we work most patiently
they'll overflow with blossoms in spring

My father and I have planted many things
and with him as my guide 
life lessons were planted deep in me
just by gardening side by side

Though my father's gardens are big and bright
I've come to clearly see
that the more part of our gardening
took place inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment