Tuesday, August 27, 2013

This is an email that I received from a missionary who is in the Mexico City MTC getting ready to teach the gospel in Spanish in Nashville Tennessee.
 
 
Karen!
........There is a Hermana here who I´ve had multiple opportunities to talk with since I´ve been in the CCM, and she is a total sweetheart. The other day during gym time, she wore a Southern Virginia University shirt and i felt prompted to ask if she knew Alex. She said she recognized the name, but she looked a little puzzled. So i then asked about Sydney. Her face was one of total shock, and she responded that Sydney was one of her best friends at SVU. This Hermana´s name is Chrissy Smith, and she was Sarah´s roommate at SVU. We then had the chance to talk for 20 minutes about Sydney and how many lives she had touched. Although I never had the opportunity to meet Sydney, I could feel her Spirit there with us. It was such a beautiful experience and i walked away from our discussion feeling like i had always known Sydney, that we had been friends for such a long time. I know that Sydney is in Heaven performing missionary work right now for our Savior. I know that her testimony was needed beyond the veil, and I look forward to someday meeting her. Her legacy lives on, and always will.
 
Yo se que Jesucristo vive!
 
xoxo
Hermana Stricklin

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it amazing how far the gospel stretches? I don't know why this touched me so hard but it did. I miss her so much. And Chrissy. Thank you for sharing Karen! <3

    ReplyDelete