Wednesday, July 31, 2013

This excerpt was one of my favorite parts of the eulogy that Celeste gave at Sydney's funeral.



I read her responses to the questionnaire I distribute to all students at the beginning of a semester . . .

Question:                       Have you served a mission?

Sydney’s answer:          No.  But I am a missionary.

Question:                       If so, where did you serve?

Sydney’s answer:          Everywhere I go.

Question:                       Why are you enrolled institute?

Sydney’s answer:          Because I can’t afford what would happen to me spiritually and educationally if I neglected my gospel study.

Question:                       Why have you enrolled in this particular class?

Sydney’s answer:          Honestly, I walked into the wrong classroom on Wednesday and got hooked!

Question:                       Are there any special circumstances you are facing which I should know about?

Sydney’s answer:          I like Kit-Kats.  And Twix.  How ‘bout you?

No comments:

Post a Comment