Saturday, July 20, 2013


P
 
 
Sydney Hathaway
Journal Entry April 19, 2013
This last Friday SVU was visited by our guest speaker Elder Child. To my benefit, I was able to attend the forum and listen to him speak on the Temple. Elder Child relayed a story of how Joseph Smith and the Saints were commanded to build a temple even when they were still just starting out and how they were rebuked when they did not immediately follow this. In our time and age we may not be asked to give everything to the BUILDING of a temple however, we have been asked by God to live in a way that will prepare us to enter the Lord’s holy Temple and make and keep sacred covenants. This requires us to give everything to ENTER the Temple. He stressed that Temple work is for the young as well as the old and I strongly agree with this notion. In my experiences with the Temple I have found that the times when I am in the most need and am going through trying or difficult times the Temple has been a source of solace, inspiration, and peace for me. If there is anything I need at this stage in my life it is in fact that. I would dare to say that if the young adults of our day and age were to make going to the Temple a PRIORITY much of their problems and trials would be lessened or easier to bear. Who doesn’t need inspiration during such a crucial time in their life? Furthermore this message that Brother Child gave sparked the following thought: if we are keeping the Temple a priority then we will be living in a way that will allow us to be worthy of entering. In doing so there will be a drastic change people’s standard of living and how they conduct their lives. Families and friendships will be strengthened, more opportunities to share the gospel will arise and the Lord’s culture will be spread throughout the world. The Temple is more than something to be put on the check list of life. It is a blessing to every aspect of our lives.
I have come to have a testimony of the blessings and joy that come from making going to the Lord’s house and doing his sacred work there. I will work my best to make and keep sacred covenants in the lords house and make the Temple a part of my EVERY DAY LIFE.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment